About Us

About Us

Claim Tax Credits for Being Energy Efficient

Thursday, March 02, 2017

Working on your taxes? If you made energy efficiency upgrades to your home or building this year, you may be eligible to receive federal tax credits for your efforts.

First-time residential customers who claim the Residential Energy Efficiency Tax Credit can get as much as $500 for qualifying work. Qualifying work can include building insulation and air sealing, installation of energy efficient boilers, furnaces, and water heaters. In order to claim the credit, the qualifying work must have been completed by December 31, 2016.

Learn more about the energy-efficient upgrades that qualify for the tax credit and remember to file your federal tax return before April 18, 2017 if you’ve completed qualifying work.

Want to make your home energy efficient in 2017? Columbia Gas of Ohio offers a number of simple ways to save energy. Learn more and start saving today.