As students are heading back to college, many will be moving into an off-campus home or apartment. Before they can take a warm shower or throw a pizza in the oven, they need to take steps to reconnect their gas service and Columbia Gas is here help them do so safely. Here are tips they can follow:
- Reconnections require a visit from a certified Columbia Gas service technician.
- To help safely complete reconnection, Columbia Gas technicians will need to enter the home or apartment, so an adult (18 or older) must be present to allow our employees to restore service.
- As a reminder, all Columbia Gas employees carry a company-issued ID badge with their photo on it and will be happy to show it upon request.
- Make sure the home has carbon monoxide detectors and that they’re working properly. Some models double as smoke detectors.
- Have a qualified professional service all appliances.
Gas already turned on? Unless your landlord is paying the bill, you'll need to call us to set up your account.
Call Columbia Gas today at 1-800-344-4077 to get an appointment scheduled. We’re available to help you Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Don’t wait. Call now and avoid the rush.