Do you know how we keep customers like you safe? Our employees do a lot behind the scenes to make sure you have the safe and reliable service you deserve. Here are just five examples of the work we do:
- Replace aging gas lines. We are replacing thousands of miles of gas main lines and service lines in communities across Ohio. This work has reduced leaks by about 40%, and that means a huge increase in safety.
- Inspect our lines and meters. Every day, our inspectors are on the lookout for leaks or other issues. If your meter is outside, you’ve probably never noticed us doing this work. If your meter is inside, we’ll contact you to schedule an inspection to make sure your gas service is safe.
- Give advanced training to emergency responders and our employees. Our state-of-the art training center can simulate gas leaks, carbon monoxide danger and many other emergencies. We want to be sure our team and your local fire department are ready for any situation.
- Put that awful smell into your natural gas. Did you know natural gas is odorless? We add an odor to our natural gas supply to ensure that you can smell gas if there is ever a leak. (Here are some other ways to detect a leak.)
- Record the position of our lines with GPS technology. Crews are at work across our entire service area, capturing locations of gas lines using advanced GPS equipment, providing a level of precision that’s not possible using traditional techniques. This investment will help us protect our lines from damage, as well as improve our emergency response and maintenance.