Extreme cold temperatures are blanketing the state this week, and natural gas usage is expected to be 75% higher than a typical January day. We’re working hard to continue delivering the safe and reliable service our customers deserve.
- The gas control center is monitoring our system and able to detect any potential problems in real time.
- Field crews are also monitoring our system at regulator stations around the state.
- Service crews are ready to respond to any emergency, should they be needed.
Here are some reminders about staying safe, getting help and saving energy.
Protect Against Carbon Monoxide
- Install carbon monoxide detectors. Some models double as smoke detectors.
- Have all appliances serviced by a professional.
- Never burn charcoal or run a generator indoors or in an enclosed space.
- Never heat your home with your oven or range.
- Clean chimney and check for blockage, especially with wood-burning fireplaces and stoves.
Customers who think they may need help paying their bill should contact Columbia Gas at 1-800-344-4077. A variety of payment plans and assistance programs are available.
We offer instant rebates on smart thermostats, an online evaluation of your home, a comprehensive on-site assessment of your home by a trained auditor and much more at ColumbiaGasOhio.com/SavingMatters.