Home Performance Solutions
Home Performance Solutions is now available in all of the 61 Ohio counties served by Columbia Gas!
Please call 1-877-644-6674 or click here to secure your appointment today.
Home Performance Solutions from Columbia Gas of Ohio helps our gas-heating customers take action to save money on their natural gas bills.
It starts with a low-cost Home Energy Audit, and provides generous rebates to make qualified energy- efficiency improvements much more affordable.
You will benefit most from this program if your gas-heated home uses 1000 Ccf of natural gas or more per year. See below for where to look on your bill for this information.
(Ccf is the unit used to measure the amount of natural gas consumed by a customer. 1 Ccf = 100 cubic feet of natural gas.)
About the Home Energy Audit
The cost of the Home Energy Audit is $50 ($20 for income-eligible customers*). Columbia Gas of Ohio offers generous rebates when you make any recommended, qualified energy-efficiency improvement.
A highly trained Home Energy Auditor analyzes your home from top to bottom to identify ways you can make your home more comfortable and energy-efficient with qualified improvements such as increased attic and wall insulation, air sealing, or a new high-efficiency gas furnace or boiler. The audit includes:
- A blower door is used to locate and measure air leaks.
- A combustion-efficiency analyzer, an important health and safety device, is used to check gas stoves, furnaces, and water heaters for safety and efficiency.
- Infrared photography or “thermal imaging” pinpoints areas of your home where inadequate insulation levels, air leaks, and other problems are leading to wasted heating and cooling costs.
Qualified Energy Efficiency Improvements May Include:
- Attic and wall insulation upgrades
- Air sealing of cracks, gaps, and holes
- High-efficiency gas furnace or boiler replacements
- Programmable thermostat
- High-performance, energy-efficient shower head
During the audit, we’ll provide and install a high-performance, energy-efficient shower head and a programmable thermostat where needed - at no charge.
The more qualified energy-efficiency improvements you make, the more you save. Rebates of up to 70 percent may be available if you make more than one qualified energy efficiency improvement, and you could save $400 on a high-efficiency gas furnace or boiler replacement. Even greater rebates are available for income-eligible customers.*
Here’s how to start saving today:
- Contact our service provider, Conservation Services Group (CSG) at 1-877-644-6674 to schedule your Home Energy Audit or schedule an appointment by sending an email to YourEnergySolutions@csgrp.com.
- Meet with your Home Energy Auditor. Your auditor will conduct a thorough visual inspection of your home, test combustion appliances for safety, and perform high-tech diagnostic tests to assess insulation levels, air leaks, and gas heating equipment efficiency.
- Review your Home Energy Report. Your auditor will provide you with more information on your estimated savings and qualified energy efficiency improvements.
- Have a participating contractor install qualifying energy-efficiency improvements and receive rebates for the work done. For a list of participating contractors in the Cleveland, Columbus or Toledo areas, please call CSG at 1-877-644-6674 or see the lists below:
Why Does Columbia Gas Offer Home Performance Solutions?
Home Performance Solutions is just one of the ways we’re helping our customers save money by reducing their natural gas use. It also helps make your home more comfortable and safer, too. And, when we reduce our use of natural gas, we do our part to help the environment.
Home Performance Solutions is for Columbia Gas of Ohio residential gas heating customers and best serves gas-heated homes using 1000 Ccf of gas or more per year. Call 1-877-644-6674 for details.
For ways to save, check out Home Energy Tips and if you want to see how you can save energy in every room of your home, check out the Energy Efficiency House.