Columbia Cares Giving Guidelines
Check our Giving Guidelines below to see the types of organizations and programs we support, and see our Focus Areas.
- Programs that keep us safe
- Programs that provide food and shelter to those in need
- Programs that promote economic growth and workforce development
- Programs that provide energy education
- Tax-exempt nonprofit organizations falling under category 501(c)(3)
- Organizations that are within our natural gas service territory
We Do Not Fund:
- Individual primary or secondary schools (K-12)
- Non-academic school activities, like bands, proms or graduations
- individuals seeking scholarship, field trip or travel assistance
- Athletes, teams or sporting events
- Fashion shows, animal shows, pageants or talent competitions
- Religious or sectarian organizations serving only those with like beliefs
- Organizations that discriminate against any person or group for any reason
- Publications, displays, advertising, audio or video productions
All requests made of Columbia Cares are at the discretion of the Community Engagement Manager, Kate Bauer.
How to Start the Conversation
If you'd like to discuss your organization's alignment with our Columbia Cares Focus Areas, please email Kate at kbauer@NiSource.com.