How we give back
We’re focused on strengthening the communities where we live and work. Through contributions, sponsorships and employee volunteerism, we strive to make a difference and improve quality of life for our families, friends and neighbors.
Columbia invests in Ohio and the 1.4 million customers we serve. Our vision is to impact and contribute to life-changing organizations. Programs that keep us safe, provide food and shelter to those in need, promote economic growth and workforce development, and energy education. We share in the goal of seeing sustainable growth in our communities and pride ourselves on being good ambassadors.
Watch this video to see how Columbia Cares
Voiceover: In Ohio, we stand together. Neighbor to neighbor, heart to heart. Columbia Gas of Ohio fuels the communities of our great state. From the foothills of Appalachia, to the close knit communities of our cities, to the wide expanses of buckeye country, we are as diverse as our landscape. Columbia Cares. We bring food to the hungry, we ensure the safety of those we love, and we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to reach their potential. We do all this not because it's the right thing to do, though it is. We do it because we believe that nobody wins unless all of us win. One company, keeping you warm and safe, bringing energy and hope into your world. That's who we are. That's Columbia Gas of Ohio.
What we fund
Columbia Cares provides grants to 501(c)3 organizations located within our service territory. We give preference to organizations that align with one of our four impact areas and/or has high employee engagement or a board member.
Giving focus areas
- Safety: Emergency assistance, disaster preparedness, accident prevention, first aid, safety education, and natural gas safety
- Economic and Workforce Development: Creation of sustainable business development and employment opportunities. Includes gas infrastructure and overall community vitality
- Energy Education: STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), natural gas education, energy conservation and initiatives
- Hardship Assistance: Hunger, housing and social services
- Environment: Sustainability, preservation and education
We don’t provide funding in these areas:
- Organizations that are not 501(c)3 charities
- Organizations outside of our service territory
- Individual primary or secondary schools (K-12)
- Non-academic school activities, like proms, choirs or graduations
- Social clubs, including sororities or fraternities
- Individuals for any purpose
- Athletes, teams or sporting events
- Fashion shows, animal shows, pageants or talent competitions
- Religious or sectarian organizations, unless engaged in a significant project benefiting the entire community
- Organizations that discriminate against any person or group for any reason
- Political candidates, committees or organizations
- Publications, displays, advertising, audio or video productions