Work in Your Neighborhood
Columbia Gas of Ohio is committed to ensuring safe and reliable natural gas delivery to your home or business. Just like other important parts of the infrastructure in our communities, such as highways and bridges, age and condition of our system can impact safety and reliability. While the current system has performed well, we are replacing aging cast iron and bare steel pipes in communities across Ohio with specially-designed, long lasting systems that will serve our customers for many years to come.
What do we do?
- MARK the right of way and existing utilities with flags, stakes and temporary paint. When we make personal contact with you, please alert us of any sprinkler systems or invisible fences.
- REPLACE the main line. This pipe usually runs underneath your street or alley.
- REPLACE the service line. This pipe runs from the main line to the meter that serves your home or business.
- RELOCATE any indoor gas meters to the outside of the home or business.
- RESTORE your property to the same or better condition, including sidewalks, lawns and driveways. It may be several days or even weeks between some of these steps.
We realize that a construction project in your neighborhood often raises a lot of questions, and we’re committed to answering all of them. Along with the information provided here, the best way to get answers to specific questions is to speak to our construction coordinator located in the project area once construction begins.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we complete this construction around your home or business.
For specific information about the project in your neighborhood, see the Map of Our Projects or visit our projects page. If you’d like to watch a video about the construction process, visit our videos page.