Impostors and Scams
Your safety and security are important. Here is information to protect you against impostors, scams and identity thieves.
- All Columbia Gas of Ohio employees and our authorized contractors carry photo identification badges. Most Columbia Gas of Ohio employees and contractors drive vehicles that are clearly marked. Ask to see the individual's ID badge before allowing them access to your home or business.
- Our employees do not collect cash payments. Nor do they deliver cash refunds or rebates to customers at home. All account transactions are handled electronically or through the mail.
- Columbia Gas of Ohio never asks for pre-paid debit cards as payment.
- Never give personal information, including Social Security numbers and banking information, to unconfirmed sources.
- Columbia Gas of Ohio only asks for a Social Security number when a customer is applying for new service.
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, contact law enforcement as well as your bank or credit card company if applicable.
Concerned about suspicious account activity or unsure about the legitimacy of any email, phone call, program or offer claiming to be affiliated with Columbia Gas of Ohio? Please call us at 1-800-344-4077.