It's safe. It's smart. It's your responsibility.
Every digging job requires a call to 811 – from large-scale projects to smaller do-it-yourself (DIY) projects. There may be multiple utility lines in a single area, at varying depths. Digging without calling can disrupt vital services to an entire neighborhood, result in expensive fines and repair costs, and even cause bodily harm.
Always call 811 at least two working days before you start digging. Local utilities will mark the approximate location of the buried utilities at your dig site.
The service is free. It's for your safety and it's the law.
Having a contractor do work for you? If they dig, make sure they call 811 to have utilities located.
Make your next DIY project safe and successful.
- Building a deck? Call 811.
- Planting a tree? Call 811.
- Putting up a mailbox? Call 811.
- Putting in a small pond or water fountain? Call 811.
- Installing a fence? Call 811.
- Planting a bush or hedge? Call 811.
- Pouring concrete? Call 811.